May 2019 Paper Pumpkin
Have you taken a look at the recent Paper Pumpkin kits? Each month is unique and to me keeps getting better and better. I love that the kit arrives each month and I am able to open the delightful box to a surprise craft waiting for me to assemble. Let’s take a look at the May 2019 Paper Pumpkin.
Last year, Sara designed a kit for Paper Pumpkin. this year, Shelli had her with designing the kit for May! As you can see from the picture below, A lot of elements went into the kit. The envelopes are lined with a pattern and the cards are note card size. It is a great kit to assemble if you have about 30-45 minutes. The items are all included to finish each card with the exception of scissors!
My Cards are complete!
Inside the specially designed box, it took minimal time to complete the projects. The assortment is great and I love the coordinating envelopes to go with the cards. Simple but elegant cards!
Every month, Stampin’ Up! provides a video highlighting the kit. Take a look, it’s neat to see it all come together!
And how about alternative projects?
I decided to play around with the items in the kit. Did you know it can easily be paired with the Bird Ballad Suite in the new Annual Catalog? I created a few note cards using the Very Vanilla Note Cards. The pretty envelopes, I decided to cut them to use the patterns for card fronts. I made a box from the Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper and found the note cards fit right in side! What a perfect gift!
- from a 12″ x 12″ sheet of Designer Series Paper, cut off a 2 1/2″ x 12″ strip. Set aside.
- score at 2″ down both sides. (flip paper to do both sides)
- in the other direction, (12″ is along the top), score at 1,3,6 1/2, 8 1/2. (12″ is along the top)
- fold on score lines
- cut off BOTH 1” box
- next cut the 4 score lines to the 2” mark on both side (this will be the outside flap of the box)
- add adhesive on the second and third flap on to the pattern that will be showing (do not put adhesive on the one after the 1” cut off or the long rectangular one at the opposite end)
- fold the small piece (second square) BEHIND the larger adhesive side
- fold the other larger NON adhesive piece to the one with adhesive
- tuck in the two square and flap will be on outside to create box
- add ribbon and sentiment
June’s kit will be here soon!
You still have time to get your hands on the June’s Paper Pumpkin! The dead line is June 10th. Click here to join or to update your account. Each month the kits get better!
I hope you enjoyed May’s kit! Looking forward to sharing some more projects this month with you! I just finished creating 3 projects with A Good Man Stamp Set. It was a lot of fun. Below is a list of products I used on the Alternative Projects for easy shopping.
attach the CURRENT HOST CODE located on my home page and receive a treat from me!
Please omit Host Code on orders over $150
Shopping List long?
I would love to help you with your Stampin’ Up! adventure!