Fun Folded Botanical Butterfly Card
For my February Card Club, I chose to focus on the Botanical Butterfly Designer Paper and Part of My Story Stamp Set. Both products are part of Sale-a-bration 2019 brochure and are still available as the end of Sale-a-bration is approaching. How I came up with the Fun Folded Botanical Butterfly Card, I actually received a similar card for my birthday. It gave me the inspiration to create the card for today’s post.
The butterfly pattern I chose from the Botanical Butterfly Designer Series Paper for my card looks pretty with several colors. I picked two card stock colors to highlight, Calypso Coral and Granny Apple Green. Of course both have pretty ribbon that coordinate so it was an easy choice.
Card Measurements: Card Base
- cut Basic Black Card stock 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″
- score at 2 1/8″ and 4 1/4″ with the 8 1/2″ along the top of your scorer
- cut Designer Series Paper 1 7/8″ x 5 1/4″
- cut Calypso Coral and Granny Apple Green 4″ x 5 1/4″
- emboss with the Tufted Embossing Folder
- add ribbon before attaching to card base
Card Measurements: Small “z” fold
- cut Basic Black card stock 3 3/4″ x 6 1/4″
- score at 2 1/8″ and 4 1/4″ with the 6 1/4″ along the top of your scorer
- cut Designer Series Paper 2″ x 3 1/2″
- cut Whisper White 1 3/4″ x 3 1/2″
- die cut a Stitched Shape Oval
- die cut a Layering Oval Framelit to layer sentiment
- using Butterfly Duet Punch, punch butterfly
I attached the smaller z folder by putting adhesive on the back flap, folded the z fold and placed the flap 1/2 way over the Designer Series Paper. Once I had it straight I pressed it onto the colored card stock and then placed adhesive on the flap to secure it’s placement. I am hoping that makes sense. My card club members loved the card and are looking forward to creating more!
Card Club Members NEEDED!
I am looking for Card Club Members! It is a 6 month commitment in which you will complete 8 cards per months!
- March – SAB final cards
- April – All Occasions cards (birthday, thinking of you, thank you, get well, baby)
- May – All Occasions cards
- June – All Occasions cards
- July – HOLIDAY CARDS
- August – HOLIDAY CARDS
Each month requires a $30 order by the 15th of the month. One of the month’s you will receive $15 in FREE product. Directions for cards are emailed after class is over to club members.
Out of town stampers are welcome to join in. I try to pick one stamp set per month (items being mailed can not be stamped, Stampin’ Up! policy) All cards are prepped and mailed after the 4th Tuesday of the month. There is a $6 shipping/handling fee per month.
Weekend is here!
It’s Friday and time to celebrate a great first full week of March. Florida sunshine and watching my son pitch were the highlights of the week. Back to New York on Sunday and I can’t wait to create some new projects with Sale-a-bration items before they are gone forever! Be sure to look over the Sale-a-bration items that are still available in my online store.
attach the CURRENT HOST CODE located on my home page and receive a treat from me!
Please omit Host Code on orders over $150
Shopping List long?
I would love to help you with your Stampin’ Up! adventure!