Making Christmas Bright Card #2
The last month of my Holiday Card Club featured cards using the Making Christmas Bright Bundle. I have one last card to show from the 4 included in class. It was really fun working with this bundle. Because of how cheery it made me, I felt a fun folded card would be perfect to share on the Making Christmas Bright Card #2!
Fun Folded Card!
From the picture, the fun fold often referred to as the z-fold, was my first attempt! A friend of mine, Georgia, has posted this folded card with another holiday bundle and I knew it would look equally as cute with the Making Christmas Bright Bundle. You may think it is a little tricky to complete, but honestly, Club Members loved it!
Here are the steps to make a Z-folded Card! Have fun creating one with your favorite holiday Designer Series Paper and finishing it with embellishments you love!
- cut card base (Real Red or Sahara Sand) 4″ x 11″
- score at 2 3/4″ and 5 1/2″ with the 11″ along the top
- fold to create “Z”
- emboss the 5 1/2″ section with an embossing folder (Tufted)
- cut All is Bright Designer Series Paper 2 1/2″ x 3 3/4″
- adhere to the top of the card as shown
- cut inside fold layer 3 5/8″ x 8 1/4″
- score at 2 3/4″ and 5 1/2″ with the 8 1/4″ along the top
- cut All is Bright Designer Series Paper 2 1/2″ x 3 3/8″
- adhere it to the top of the Z fold as shown
- cut Whisper White 2 1/2″ x 3 3/8″
Attaching the Inside Fold:
- fold the inside card stock into a “Z”
- place adhesive on the top 1/3 of the part about to be attached to the card base
- adhere it to the top of the card
- close card and flip over so the 5 1/2″ is on top, then open
- add adhesive to the bottom of the inside card stick
- close card so it attaches to the card base
In my class we found this helpful with the placement of the inside folded card stock. Be gentle when you position it so if it needs to be tweaked, it can be adjusted.
With the end of the Holiday Catalog FAST APPROACHING, I new I needed to use that adorable tree from the Sweetly Stitched Framelits. I have used the tree on NUMEROUS projects and absolutely love it! It is a great framelit set to add to your collection. It is part of the retiring items, as is the All is Bright Designer Series Paper. There is still time to shop but don’t wait as items are while supplies last.
As the new week starts, that means Christmas is getting closer! Be sure to shop today! Holiday delivery is guaranteed on orders placed no later than December 13th. Take a look at the list and grab your favorites! All current Bundles in the Holiday Catalog will NOT move forward. Some of the items may carry over but the 10% savings will be gone!
I hope your are enjoying the holiday season with your family and friends.
attach the CURRENT HOST CODE located on my home page and receive a treat from me!
Please omit Host Code on orders over $150
Shopping List long?
I would love to help you with your Stampin’ Up! adventure!