Pop-Up Butterfly Card
I am a fan of butterflies. They always seem to catch my eye when I am outside and I see one flutter by. I love the colors and love to capture a picture if it stays still long enough. On my card today, I have seen several demonstrators post and lucky for me received one in my card swap from the Alaska Incentive Trip. I knew I needed to try a Pop-Up Butterfly Card and share it with you!
It’s a beautiful day:
From the annual catalog, the Love What You Do Stamp Set along with the Share What You Love Speciality Designer Series Paper are on my list of favorites. I love the stacked sentiments and the prints on the pattern paper are to die for! I chose the white background print for my cards so I could choose several different color combinations if I wanted too. Keeping it simple, I paired Rich Razzleberry with Pear Pizzazz because I wanted to put the Velvet Ribbon as a finishing touch on the card. It usually is all about the ribbon! I stamped the sentiment directly on the card stock but it didn’t pop enough so I broke out my favorite Stitched Shapes Framelits and stamped out another greeting. Which do you prefer?
- cut card base 4 1/4” x 11”
- score at 5 1/2”
- cut card base 5 1/2” x 8 1/2”
- score at 4 1/4”
- cut layering piece 4” x 5 1/4”
- cut DSP 2” x 5 1/2
- add all pieces, add ribbon and place onto card base
- using classic label punch, punch through all 3 layers
- place Designer Series Paper on the inside piece of whisper white (4” x 5 1/4”)
- die cut butterfly in gold glimmer paper
- add glue dots to the body and place on classic label punch piece.
- stamp sentiment on Stitched Shape Circle
- adhere to layering circle framelit
- using dimensionals, add to card
I hope you will find time to gather your supplies and create one of these delightful cards. If you are without some of the needed supplies, as always my online store is open 24/7. I appreciate the business more than I can tell you! Don’t forget about the Bonus Days Coupons that you earn this month and can redeem next month. (just in time for the Holiday Catalog to go live!)
attach the CURRENT HOST CODE located on my home page and receive a treat from me!
Please omit Host Code on orders over $150
Wish List long?
I would love to help you with your Stampin’ Up! adventure!