Card Swap Featuring Happy Birthday Gorgeous!
November OnStage 2017 seems like it was months ago. Technically it was 2 months ago and I have yet to post the card I created to swap with fellow demonstrators. The theme for the card swap was anything from the Annual Stampin’ Up! Catalog. With a ton of product to choose from, I knew I wanted a soft color, resulting in Soft Sky being chosen. Next, the stamp set along with some Designer Series Paper was selected. As you can see, here is my card swap featuring Happy Birthday Gorgeous!
Creating the card had multiple steps. However, the end results made it all worth! I call the fold of this card “the bonnie fold.” My customers laugh however, they all refer to it as such. Grab your Stampin’ Up! Trimmer to get started!
1. Card Measurements:
- cut card base 4 1/4″ x 11″
- score at 5 1/2″
- with the 11″ along the top of your trimmer, cut off 2 3/4″ piece and set aside
- cut solid card stock 4 x 5 1/2″ (inside layer)
- cut solid card stock 2 1/2 x 4″ (left side layer of card – on my card it is embossed with Petal Burst)
- cut Whisper White card stock 2 1/2″ x 4″
- cut Designer Series Paper 1 1/2″ x 4″ (Whole Lot Of Lovely)
- stamp the floral images in Archival Black Ink on the left side of the Whisper White card stock
- stamp the stem/leaf image in Smoky Slate
- stamp in Soft Sky to “fill” the flowers
- on scrap, stamp your sentiment and then punch with the Pretty Label Punch
3. Finishing Touches
- emboss the solid card stock (2 1/2′ x 4″) adhere to left side of card flap
- adhere the Designer Series Paper
- add ribbon to the Whisper White card stock before using dimensionals to place on card flap
- use the Pretty Petal Punch on Silver Glimmer, cut in half and outline your sentiment
- use dimensionals to pop your sentiment
- add rhinestones
Happy Birthday Gorgeous!
I absolutely fell in love with Happy Birthday Gorgeous Stamp Set when the Annual Catalog was released. I loved the variety of sentiments as well as the other images included in the stamp set. ALSO, the stamp set is currently paired with Happy Birthday Thinlit that is awesome for cards! The Happy Birthday Gorgeous Bundle is a MUST HAVE if you do not already have in your collection. Remember when you purchase a bundle, you save 10%!
Back on Track!
Last week I was away with my family enjoying the warm sunshine in Naples, Florida. I do not own a laptop, so posting to my site was a bit of a challenge from iPhone. I am back now, catching up and ready to share. As a reminder, TODAY is the last day of the YEAR-END SALE as well as product from the Holiday Catalog. Yes, some items are being carried over, HOWEVER, many are not. Be sure to purchase from my online store TODAY any of your favorite items before they retire.
attach the CURRENT HOST CODE located on my home page and receive a treat from me!
Please omit Host Code on orders over $150
Wish List long?
I would love to help you with your Stampin’ Up! adventure!