Since the beginning of the year, each month, I have held a card club night. I truly have LOVED adding a club to my schedule. It’s something new to my customers as well to me! The first half of the year, the club focused on birthday cards. It transitioned to Christmas cards effortlessly. Using one stamp set or bundle per month has made it easy for out of town members to complete cards. For September, I chose the Snowflake Sentiments Bundle. Adding bling to Christmas Club Note Cards, was the perfect touch!
Adding bling to Christmas Club Note Cards:
Each month, the challenge is on to create 4 designs to WOW my club members. I normally do not use a whole layering piece of Silver Glimmer Paper, however, how could I resist! The outcome sparkles! To showcase the Merry Little Christmas Designer Series Paper, creating the tower of presents was ideal! How about the sentiment? When I saw the word “wrapped” it immediately made me think of presents! Did you? Club members enjoy creating their cards each month. They love the fact I focus on one stamp set or bundle as well as one designer series paper. It streamlines fulfilling club order requirements.
Two of the four cards I design are made on note cards. Have you tried the Stampin’ Up! Note Cards? Great in value, 20 cards (Whisper White or Very Vanilla) WITH 20 envelopes AND they can be mailed in the United States! Trust me, if you do not own a pack, order today, (link at the bottom to my store!) you will LOVE THEM!
Glimmer Paper Cut!
I quickly drew a diagram hoping it is easy to follow on how to maximize your cutting to result in getting 10 glimmer paper layering pieces. My cutting instructions follow the picture. Would love to hear your feedback. 🙂
With your Stampin’ Up! Trimmer:
- cut two 4 1/2″ x 12″ pieces
- turn the paper so the 12″ is along the top of the trimmer and cut at 3″ (you will get 4)
- with the left over 3″ x 12″ piece, cut with the 12″ across the top at 4 1/2″ (you will get 2)
- you now have 10 layering glimmer pieces for your note cards! One pack of note cards, one pack of glimmer paper just enough for all the cards!
- cut layering Basic Black card stock 3 1/4″ x 5″
Next on the list is to create the tower of presents. Taking strips of the Merry Little Christmas Designer Series Paper, I used a small strip of card stock to stack them on top of one another.
With your Stampin’ Up! Trimmer, cut your choice of designer series paper into the following:
- 1″ x 2 3/4″ for the bottom present
- 1″ x 2 1/4″ for the “striped” present
- 1 1/4″ x 1 3/4″ for the “black star” present (this is a little bit wider so when I put my greeting, you can see the paper)
- 1″ x 1″ for the top present
- use a strip of paper 1/2″ x 4″ to assemble your presents then add dimensionals to place on glimmer paper
Finish the card by adding your sentiment (I did use dimensionals) and a bow!
Bonnie’s Christmas Card Club:
Would you like to receive your own supplies for the Present Tower Note Card? Although the club has started, it doesn’t mean membership is closed! If you join today, you will have 32 cards completed by 12/12/17! Don’t miss out!
- 4 month commitment (September-December)
- $35 minimum monthly order due by the 15th of each month
- club class is held the 4th Tuesday of every month (9/26, 10/24, 11/28 and 12/12 in time for mailing)
- can’t make class? It’s OK – each month the cards will be designed using one stamp set. Just add the stamp to your monthly order and you can complete the cards at your home. I will prep all card stock! (additional shipping fee applies)
- 8 cards (4 designs) each month
- one of the 4 months, you will receive $15 in Stampin’ Rewards!
- contact me at email@example.com to join
Making cards, for any occasions does not have to be overwhelming. Pick your favorite color combination, pick your favorite stamp, bundle, product and just start creating! The outcome will definitely enlightening you! Have a great day!
remember to attach the CURRENT HOST CODE located on my home page and receive a treat from me!
Please omit Host Code on orders over $150
Wish list long? Want a discount on your favorite items?
I would love to help you with your Stampin’ Up! adventure!