The NEW 2017- 2019 In Colors are definitely my go to colors. Maybe it is because they are new? I think it has to do more with their shade. Look at the lovely Fresh Fig and Tranquil Tide combination. I love how they look together. Did you notice something similar with my card layout? I actually posted the same card layout on August 5th but in a different color combination?
Up for the Challenge with Fresh Fig!
My friend Robin, happened to be over and saw my August Team Meeting Card Swap and feel in love with it. As I showed her the Eastern Palace Speciality Designer Paper she fell in love with the Fresh Fig color. She challenged me to create my card with the pattern paper shown in the picture. Always up for a challenge, I took the pattern paper with Fresh Fig and Tranquil Tide and grabbed my supplies to match. Within minutes, my card was complete in the new color combination. The rich Fresh Fig paired with Tranquil Tide gives the card a whole new look!
Here is a look at the previous card combination from my August Team Meeting Card Swap:
Surprise, a Video!
I am often asked how do I know how to cut for a card. Where do I start? As I was creating the second color combination on this quick card, I thought a video showcasing the process would be helpful. In the video, I show how I cut and assemble the card. Be sure to watch it, I have a few tips through out it!
In case you missed the measurements for the card:
- Cut card base 4 1/4″ x 11″ (Tranquil Tide)
- Cut layering piece (Fresh Fig) 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Cut layering piece (Very Vanilla) 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Cut Designer Series Paper (Eastern Palace Speciality Paper) 2 1/2″ x 3 3/4″ for the vertical card (you can cut for 12 vertical cards from one piece of paper. Cut paper 2 1/2″ x 12″ then with the 12″ along the top, cut into 2 1/2″ x 3 3/4″ pieces)
- With the left over 2″ piece you can create 2 horizontal cards with the Designer Series Paper 2″ x 5″
I hope you enjoyed seeing the same card in two different color combinations. Stampin’ Up! products are versatile! I can’t believe it’s Sunday already, time to get ready for the upcoming week! Enjoy your day!!
PS – if you earned Bonus Days Coupons in July, don’t forget to redeem them in August!! Such a great promotion!!
remember to attach the CURRENT HOST CODE F7MTJQYJ
Please omit Host Code on orders over $150