Summertime…just breathe. I, for one, find myself doing this one a regular basis. Summer is flying by and I want to enjoy the last days of it. Soon my oldest will be heading off to college and the other 2 boys will be back in school. Maybe my schedule will lighten up? Doubtful because my “I want to create list” is super long! I am loving the new Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog! There are so many wonderful bundles, finding the time to create is sometimes challenging.
Colorful Seasons Bundle:
As you can see, the title from my post came from the Colorful Seasons Stamp Set. I recently created another card with this bundle that was a hit amongst my customers. I will post that card as well, but need to make a video for it. Anyway, back to the above card. Once again, I picked my color combinations by selecting my ribbon first. I LOVE this ribbon because of the bold stripes! The card fold is a little different than the normal card. This time, I cut my card base smaller to fit on a rectangle of card stock.
- Cut Thick Whisper White Card Stock 5 1/4′ x 8″
- Score with the 8″ across the top at 4″
- Cut solid card stock at 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″
- After you cut your Layering Oval Framelit Window, adhere the card base to card stock
The Layering Oval Framelits Window:
- Using the Layering Oval Framelits, cut out your oval using the second largest one (you need the largest one to create the frame)
- I did NOT center it because the words need to fit on the vertical card and the chair needs to fit on the horizontal card
- I used the Whisper White cut out for the inside of the card (no waste!)
- To create the “frame” around the window, I took the two largest oval framelits and place on the card stock and ran through at the same time (nested in one another)
As you can see I used the 3 flower thinlits on each card and stamped the inside of them. It was super easy to create the inside oval! Using Pool Party for my chair, it was just the right addition to my color palate. Next, I tied the striped ribbon in a knot to finish my card. It looks so summery to me! I still want to create with this bundle!! More to come I promise.
Color Theory Suite:
The Colorful Of Seasons Bundle is part of the Color Theory Suite found in the Annual Catalog. There are several products in the suite. I love all the pieces although I used the bundle on my projects for today.
Colorful Season Stamp Set and Seasonal Layers Thinlits
Take a look at the video highlighting this colorful suite!
I love when Home Office provides a quick over view of the products featured in the suite. I love those Glitter Enamel Dots! They add just right bling!
In Color 2016-2018 Ribbon Split:
Although the striped ribbon used on the cards is not part of the Color Theory Suite, I of course, have it in my ribbon splits. If you don’t own this ribbon, trust me you will love it!! Want your own share? Contact me and I will have it in the mail!
To see all my ribbon splits available, click here. Bonnie’s Ribbon Splits
I hope you enjoyed Sunday’s creation. Looking forward to getting some sun before more crafting! Enjoy your day!
PS – if you earned Bonus Days Coupons in July,
don’t forget to redeem them in August!! Such a great promotion!!
remember to attach the CURRENT HOST CODE F7MTJQYJ
Please omit Host Code on orders over $150