It’s not often I create 3D items as Thank You Gifts. I am really not sure why I “avoid” creating them. It could be I have a hard time actually giving them away? I do like to make them, but lately I have been on a card kick. However, I decided it was time to change things up, at least for today! How are you with 3D items? Stampin’ Up! provides SEVERAL options in creating 3D items with ease. In the photo above, I chose to display the NEW In Colors for 2017-2019 by wrapping Hershey Chocolate Nuggets with the NEW Designer Series Paper 12×12 Stack. SUPER EASY and 5 fit perfectly in our cellophane bags. I think they are perfect for a party favor AND maybe a TEAM MEETING make and take!
Wrapped Hersey Chocolate Nuggets:
- cut Designer Series Paper 1″ x 3″
- wrap around nugget
- place in 2″x 8″ Cellophane Bags
- tie with baker’s twine
- add sentiment
You may notice the NEW Made with Love Stamp. It is part of the Crafting Forever Stamp Set that will be available on June 1st! It will be here soon! I received mine at Centre Stage as a gift. One of the perks of being a Silver Elite or above Demonstrator, you receive a gift at Centre Stage!
Are you loving the NEW In Colors 2017-2019? In the photo from top to bottom: Powder Pink, Fresh Fig, Berry Burst, Lemon Lime Twist and Tranquil Tide. The Tranquil Tide definitely plays tricks with on your eyes, sometimes a teal, sometimes a hunter green shade. Whatever shade, I love it! Do you have a favorite? I will be posting In Color Product Splits within the next few weeks. I will have a ribbon split for sure! I LOVE RIBBON!!!
When they announced the Owl Builder Punch was retiring, I didn’t believe it. It has been a staple in my punches. For years I have been amazed with all the creations made from one simple builder punch. My team often posts the variety of things created with it. I decided I needed to make a “tulip” since it’s been awhile and what is old can be new again! Plus, I was able to make a small collage of the steps to make the flower and the leaves. I hope it helps you in creating your own.
Owl Builder Punch Tulips:
- punch 2 owls bodies for the flower and 1 for the leaves
- cut off the “feet” on your owls
- cut on a curve and make 2 pieces from one of the bodies for the flower
- cut on a curve for the leaves
- use sponge daubers to shade the card stock (it can help with you not making a mess on your fingers. I am full of ink regardless. LOL)
- place a little adhesive on the back of your halves to and overlap
- place your petals onto the remaining owl to create your tulip
- the leaves, you will attach to in the center and add a stem through the middle. I used scrap to make a stem
- attach flower to the stem
The Petite Cafe′ Gift Bag are located in the back of our catalog. Funny, I see them often, I own them but turn the page or ignore them in my closet. Today, I was reminded that I saw several cute ones decorated at OnStage in April. Here is my attempt at using my supplies! I used the NEW Berry Burst Designer Series Paper to highlight two tulips in NEW Powder Pink. One is sponged in the Powder Pink and the other in Berry Burst. I love the contrast of the Berry Burst with the Powder Pink. Add a gift, tie some ribbon and my gift bag is complete. I am a happy girl!
Petite Cafe′ Gift Bag:
- cut Designer Series Paper 3″ x 6″
- cut Whisper White Card Stock 2″ x 6″
- make banner with Banner Triple Punch
- adhesive banner to Designer Series Paper
- wrap and tie some baker’s twine at the top
- adhesive to gift bag with Tear & Tape Adhesive
- add your leaves, tulips and small bow
- add your sentiment
The sentiment I used on BOTH the cafe′ gift bag and the clear tiny treat box were from the Designer Tin of Cards Stamp Set. I am sad to see this set go as it has, in this case, the perfect saying for my bag! I am sure I will find another awesome stamp set to “replace” it but I am holding onto this one for a bit!
Our Clear Tiny Treat Boxes are the right touch for a party, communion, or shower favor. I plan on making a few for teachers this year. It’s simple to create and everyone loves Hershey Kisses.
- assemble Box (make sure to take off the clear plastic it is shipped and stored in)
- place your treat inside
- cut Designer Series Paper 2″ x 12″
- wrap around box and adhesive together on the bottom (you are creating a belly band)
- cut off the extra paper
- wrap with ribbon of your choice
- place tulip on the front and add sentiment
I hope you enjoyed my Sunday post. I realized I didn’t post a video this week. I will this week. Just have to decide on what. Any suggestions? Also, my product list is located at the bottom of my posts. Is that a good place for it or would you rather it be located within the text? Also, have you requested a NEW catalog? If you would like me to send you one, please let me know. You will only be responsible for the shipping.
Be sure to look over the Retiring Products (I know broken record) because I don’t want you to miss out. The new catalog will be here soon! Can’t wait to share all the beautiful products located inside.
QUICK LINKS to the Retiring Products:
remember to attach the CURRENT HOST CODE QSZWGPKY to receive a treat from me!
Have a Splendid Sunday!