The Something for Baby Stamp Set and the Baby’s First Framelits are retiring. Unfortunately, the framelits are no longer available. I just went online to verify. However, before May 31st is your last chance on the Something for Baby Stamp Set. It is SUPER CUTE and even without the framelits, you can fussy cut around the images. I had planned to make a video to show you how I created the card, but I am hoping the pictures are helpful. I am including the dimensions as well as directions. The card was part of my class this past week and was a hit!
To create the fun folded card, I first cut my card base, the layering pieces and the Lots of Labels Framelits. I wanted everything stamped before I assembled the card. I am showing you the overview of the card to show you the front, the inside accordion piece, as well as the Lots of Labels Framelits.
- Cut card base 4 1/4″ x 11″ Score at 5 1/2″
- Cut inside Whisper White layering piece 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Cut Whisper White inside accordion piece 2 3/4″ x 8 1/4″ SCORE at 2 3/4″ and 5 1/2″
- Cut layering square 3″ x 3″ (I used the same color as my card base)
- BEFORE you emboss the cover of the card, use the Lots of Labels Framelits and cut your window. TIP: to recycle the cut piece, I used on the opposite shade card stock. Cut a smaller Whisper White Lots of Labels Framelit piece as well.
- Once you have your window, run through big shot with your choice of embossing folder (I used the Retiring Festive Textured Impressions Embossing Folder)
In the picture below, you can see how I used the opposite colors on each card.
I chose to stamp all my pieces first. This way you can clean up and assemble.
- stamp layering inside Whisper White piece
- using Tin of Cards Stamp Set, stamp your greeting
- stamp the “hello baby” for the Tin of Cards Stamp Set
- stamp the accordion piece.
- assemble all pieces EXCEPT putting the accordion onto the Whisper White inside piece
Once you have attached the Whisper White to your 3×3 square, close the card and place the square. You may need to wiggle it into the card, but you will see with the picture on the top left how it will look. The top right picture shows how the accordion will pop out. Keeping the card closed, place the Lots of Labels Framelit on top of the square, fitting into the window. I found this was the easiest way to make sure the square and framelit matched up.
I went through my old posts on Pinterest and came across 3 of my cards using the Something for Baby Stamp Set and Baby’s First Framelits. The website on the pictures of course is my old one. The my online website is www.bonniestamped.stampinup.net. The Something for Baby Stamp Set really is such a cute set. So many options to create an assortment of baby cards.
I hope my directions for the card are helpful. I do plan on making a video but with NEW catalog product. I can’t believe in 3 days the new catalog will be here. Any questions with today’s card, please Contact Me. In the meantime, make sure to get a look at what is still available from the retiring products.
QUICK LINKS to the Retiring Products:
remember to attach the CURRENT HOST CODE DJNF9BDP
to receive a treat from me!
Enjoy the rest of this Memorial Day Weekend!